See

http://www.opensymphony.com:8668/space/XWork+1.0+Mission+Statement

And

http://www.opensymphony.com:8668/space/WebWork%202.0%20Mission%20Statement

Basically, Xwork is going to be the core generic command pattern implementation.
Webwork 2.0 is going to be an MVC framework tailored for the web and built on Xwork
1.0.

So the real question here is whether it makes sense to partition Webwork 2.0 into:

Webwork-core
Webwork-el
Webwork-jsp
Webwork-velocity
Webwork-xslt
Webwork-jasperreports
Webwork-freemarket

There may be later extensions to Xwork as well (JMSWork?, MailWork?).

Personally, I think Webwork is small enough to stand as one module with all of the
view types included.