On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:07:54AM +1100, tobyhede wrote:
> +1 to avoiding myriads of jar files
>
> some of the commons projects take this to the extreme - all of a sudden you
> have 500 dependencies, half of which are very small jar files in any case.
> it just makes it incredibly hard for new developers (and those of us who
> don't speak binary as a native tongue like some of you crazy guys).

Huuh, that looks like an avalanche caused by me. It clear that 10++ jar
files are as bad as 10++ CVS modules. Actually partitioning source and
partitioning the jars are two seperate things. The conclusion of this
thread seems to be:

  * Keep XWork as one CVS module
  * Seperate at most in two jars: xwork-core and webwork. Both,
    including xwork-core in webwork ore not is reasonable and topic
    of a later decision.

-billy.
--
Meisterbohne       Söflinger Straße 100          Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen       89077 Ulm                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9