Hi all,

hopefully this message is not completely garbled by Apple Mail ...

> […]

> Just some more benchmarks.  I just compiled successfully with -std=c99
> on an old Scientific Linux 6.5 (RHEL 6.5 clone) I found.  Another
> important detail, RHEL5 will reach the "End of Production" phase March
> 2017, OpenVPN have generally stopped supporting the oldest RHEL
> releases once it hits EOL.  RHEL 5 subscribers may purchase an
> extended life cycle, but we have not cared too much about that so far.
>
> […]

I just checked. Extended Support is basically “you can download the old files,
and maybe we help you” [1], so yes indeed, we can totally ignore RHEL5:

    For versions of products in the Extended Life Phase, Red Hat will provide
limited ongoing technical support. No bug fixes, security fixes, hardware
enablement or root-cause analysis will be available during this phase, and
support will be provided on existing installations only.

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/#Extended_Life_Cycle_Phase

Jens