On 08/12/16 22:56, Selva Nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM, David Sommerseth
> <open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net
> <mailto:open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net>> wrote:
>

>     This is fairly inline with the initial agreement from the 2014 Munich
>     hackathon [3] and the summarized CodeStyle wiki page [4].
>
>     This proposal allows for the "open bracing" question, which allows
>     '} else {'  and '} else if () {'.
>

>     So now the bike shed debate opens up ... Is this something we can get
>     consensus around?
>
>     And a few examples of reformatted files:
>
>      tun.c: <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/501999/81229253/
>     <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/501999/81229253/>>
>      ssl.c: <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/502010/22971814/
>     <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/502010/22971814/>>
>

> Looks excellent.
>
> Yes, responding to the call for bikeshedding , some questions/comments:
>
> Reformatted tun.c has at least two instances of char* xxx, we want char
> *xxx, right? So why not add some sp_xxx_ptr_star options.

Good catch!  tun.c and ssl.c are the biggest files we have ... so there
might be some details we've not spotted.  Uncrustify doesn't change
things we don't tell it to change, so we just haven't spotted this.

I agree, we should change to this.

> Less of a concern at least for me is function_name (...) and
> function_name(...) both appears to be allowed. Just because we can do
> it, why not add some sp_func_xxxx_paren options to normalize those..

I agree to consistency.  And Steffan already suggested what I was about
to suggest.  I'll send an updated config file soonish too.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc