On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 08:51 +0100, Markus Wigge wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> Have you ever tried "sysupgrade"?

No.

> A nice little tool to save your
> config,

And how does it know where all of the various config is?  Are you sure
it's not missing any, now or in the future?

> flash a new image and restore the config?

So, I've flashed my new image.  Now what?  Do I have to connect to the
router using it's factory (or OpenWRT) default IP address?  So now I
have to reconfigure other equipment to get back into the router after I
reflash it?  And now I have to go through some kind of "configuration
restore" process?  This is _exactly_ the kind of rigmarole I am talking
about.  With the router's stock firmware, or OpenWRT's WhiteRussian,
this is not necessary.  You just reflash and when it comes back it's
ready to go.

Anyway, this particular annoyance in the whole upgrade thing was a minor
point.

b.