> Given that scientists can use x-rays and other techniques to fathom
> things like the antikythera device from a mashed up hunk of ocean
> debris, couldn't similar techniques be used to deconstruct Yoshizawa's
> unpublished models?

The first question here is, is it worth it? Are the models interesting
enough that a wider audience would like to fold them?
The second question is, why so complicated? There are people like me in
this community who basically have this x-ray view without needing special
equipment to decipher a model. In the end it comes down to experience and 3
dimensional thinking. If I see an Origami model, I've got a pretty good
idea how to fold it and I know I'm not alone, but here we come back to
question one, is it worthwhile?

Nice Greetings

Anna from Vienna, Austria