I'm glad I opened my O-list today, this has been an interesting thread.

I've been meaning to share a picture with you all for a few years and this
discussion has motivated me to do so. The picture is of a quickly folded
crane which I placed in a cabinet X-ray unit at a hospital I was
inspecting. This image does indeed show that it would be possible to
reconstruct anybody's models without actually deconstructing them.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/xander77arena/Xray%20Origami.jpg

>>Does anyone know if there is any prospect of these works being archived
> >>or even just photographed, let alone displayed in a more public way?
>
> Mrs. Kiyo Yoshizawa actually has been eager to have her husband's work be
> shown in appropriate museum venues in Japan and abroad. One needs to just
> stay informed.

Apart from gracious traveling displays, I think it would be really neat if
we one day saw large museums begin to collect these great works (not just
AY stuff) to display them alongside other artistic masters.

Best,

--
xda

www.linkedin.com/in/xander