Hi All,

Q1) - I've just joined the list at the suggestion of Robert Lang, who I
contacted regarding his Miura-Ken Rose, as I, and indeed the internet
generally, seem to struggle with the 'twisty bit' at the end. Can anyone
help/point me to a good visual resource? - I have cut and pasted my original
message at the bottom of this post, so where I am stuck and what reference
sources I have already looked is apparent.

Q2) - My second question is much broader, and this is about the organisation
resources on origami in general, into a cohesive learning structure, perhaps
courses, etc: Are there any?!

I am interested in the mathematical 'universalisation' of origami forms into a
general case of principles and their wider application, but it is also
interesting how archane origami beyond entertainment for children has become -
I cannot find any step-wise path from beginner to expert; no courses or
qualifications as such. I wonder about creating Udemy courses, or some-such?

Possibly, I am just showing my bias for education as a medical educator... But
there does seem also an intuitive gap between the 'painting by numbers'
approach of following of an origami 'recipe' to get a fixed result, and the
'creative origami artist', who originates new designs and has a more
generalised understanding of the materials, the processes, and the
visualisation.

Many thanks for any and all assistance with Q1, and people's thoughts on Q2.

Kind regards,

Damian

(About the Rose:)

    I cannot find a really good explanation or visual for the 'rotation' steps
in making the

    Miura-Ken rose - in the Origami Masterclass Flowers book, I refer to steps
34 - 37, that

    gives the

    rose it's petals.

    There don't seem to be any good YouTube videos, indeed no-one seems to have
    a completed rose, it all gets vague or described as 'artistic only, you'll
    work it out' and I think almost no-one does!

    It seems to me there are two aspects that I am not understanding:

    1 - How much twist? How much rotation a layer makes, in degrees or fifths or
    how many petal points below, does the layer being rotated pass?

    2 - Where do the layers that meet at each point start, and end up. Which
    layers become the two edges of each petal created, that meet at the point.

    If anyone is able to point me to a good representation of these steps, or
    perhaps have an 'answer' of the intuitive step I am missing, or take up the
challenge to
    colour the edges of a 'before and after' of a single tip as it
    moves/rotates per each layer, that would be amazing. I attach two photos, a
'before' version
    that I have coloured, and the same in the page of the book... its the
'during' and 'after' that
    escape me!