>Q2) - My second question is much broader, and this is about the
organisation resources on origami in general, into a cohesive learning
>structure, perhaps courses, etc: Are there any?!

Here are a couple of opencourseware opportunities

Geometric Folding Algorithms: Linkages, Origami, Polyhedra
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-84
9-geometric-folding-algorithms-linkages-origami-polyhedra-fall-2012/

Lecture 6: Architectural Origami
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-84
9-geometric-folding-algorithms-linkages-origami-polyhedra-fall-2012/class-an
d-lecture-videos/lecture-6-architectural-origami/

Although not courses, these links may be of value.

http://www.ronresch.org/ronresch/ron-resch-resume/patents/

Ron Resch paper and stick film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imlMspPKfNo

ORIFUN to all,