In short: please don't.

Slightly longer: Please do not intentionally add anyone (or any other list)
via the CC field when posting to the list.

Why? Read on:

We generally have not allowed multiple recipients on O-list postings in
order to stop cross-posting between lists (makes for unwieldy
conversations) and to stop people from mass-CC'ing a ton of people on a
post (potentially exposing their addresses to the public list without their
consent).

We've had to very-slightly-relax this requirement to allow the *author* of
a post to be copied on a reply, which sometimes happens automatically due
to a complicated side effect of some modern email security settings.

So while you may sometimes see a list posting whose "To:" field looks like
this: