In message <001201c1310e$333132d0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Joe Pardi" writes:
>Does anyone know which package (ORO or RegExp) is closer aligned to the
>regular expression features provided in JavaScript?

Page 129 of the ECMAScript specification 3rd edition
(http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/stand/ecma-262.htm) says
"The form and functionality of regular expressions is modelled after the
 regular expression facility in the Perl 5 programming language."
Looking at the grammar on pages 129-131, it looks like it is a subset
of Perl 5.  Even though I know JavaScript, I don't really use it for
much of anything, but I've often heard complaints about inconsistencies
in regular expressions across JavaScript implementations.  At any rate,
according to the grammar, I'd say just using Perl5Util would be
compatible.

daniel