sweemeng ng wrote:
> FYI a ex-UM student here.....So I understands....

i think one of the malady is that the grads no longer have to do degree
theses. They can choose to do project work. Is this still true?

Thesis writing to me is hard, and that is why we must do it. To
formulate an own theory and see it through intellectually is the
greatest gift the mind can indulge in.

As for me, i graduate from the University of Life and listen to
Professor Hard Knocks. And i am seeing my thesis through - that there
must be a university for ERP and that it will one day overrun the USD60
billion market of SAP. I have spoken to many many people and lots
agreed. But the decision-makers just couldn't figure it out. Like you
say it is just not in the mental climate. *sigh*