The real issue is, what research, there is no research....

There is more to CS than Enterprise Software. Though it is equally worth
studying
And there is many interesting stuff in computer science. program validation,
concurrency, AI, kernel level design, etc. Even application of existing
theory is fascinating. Nope, none is happening.

I am hoping to learn to understand how OS works, or how to write a compiler
when go to university. Instead I just got to learn something that I already
learned before I got into uni.

University that I know of, just turn into a vocational school, and it don't
even do a proper job at that.

SAD, real sad