Thanks you, In the mean time I will keep hammering at this stuff and see how
far I can get.   But I switched to using the symbology libraries as suggested
and working at getting them to work.

From: osg-users [mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf
Of Chris Hanson
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:08 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Subject: Re: [osg-users] questions about developing drivers for osg/osgEarth

I'd like to help you a bit more, but I've been really slammed with another
osgEarth client this week. If you're patient, I can probably help you more in a
few days.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM
speter...@idealaero.com<mailto:speter...@idealaero.com>
<speter...@idealaero.com<mailto:speter...@idealaero.com>> wrote:
Got shaders to work on geometry’s now just took me getting totally frustrated
and taking a walk it seems ☺

osgEarth::ModelLayerOptions layerOptions("test polygon", geomOptions);
osgEarth::ModelLayer* test = new osgEarth::ModelLayer(layerOptions);
osg::StateSet* tss = test->getOrCreateStateSet();
VirtualProgram* vp = VirtualProgram::getOrCreate(tss);
vp->setName("imageLayer");
myshaders shaders;
shaders.load(vp, shaders.myimagecc_Vertex);
shaders.load(vp, shaders.myimagecc_Fragment);
_map->addLayer(test);

Was the code to get it working had to apply it to the ModelLayer not the
geometry and add some hooks into my shaders to keep the transparent parts the
same.

Now to figure out how to get the data to change for the shaders to act on.