Hi RJ,

glCopyPixels will be doing a round trip to the CPU.  You might be able
to help out by using a PixelBuffer object for reading and writing, but
as general advice I have to say absolutely don't code the problem in
the way your are doing as it will be slow.  Use FBO to render a
texture and then render a quad screen aligned, don't use glCopyPixels
and glDrawPixels at all.

Robert.