Hello Kim,
> A copy of .net 2008 landed on my desk today and I was thinking about
> giving it a go. However, since I am working primarily with OSG I would
> like to check if the two play nicely together..
>
> Has anybody used it in conjunction with OSG, particularly building the
> source with it.
>
> Does CMake throw a fit or is the transition straight forward?

There have already been a few threads about this in the recent past. I
use it at home (on Vista no less... I'm adventurous) and it works well.
A few notes:

1. You need to upgrade to CMake 2.4.8 or 2.5.x (one of the nightly
builds) for it to be able to generate projects for VS9.
2. Up until now, Mike's 3rd Party binaries for VS8 have worked for me.
But I have not been using it that much so you may run into problems.
Please report here if you do.

All in all, I don't see much difference between 8 and 9, and they even
seem to be binary-compatible except for the project/solution files (of
course... they had to change something so old projects wouldn't work
without a conversion...). That situation may change though. If you have
other questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Good luck,

J-S