> I have a class that inherits from osg::Group. In this class
> I'm overriding the traverse function. It is written in such a
> way that the CULL_VISITOR doesn't have an opportunity to call
> osg::Group::traverse(nv). When I add this object to the
> scenegraph all the nodes in my scene go black. Even if this
> class is a child - all the nodes (including parent nodes)
> appear black.

The presence of this custom Node is changing the color of your geometry so
that they render black? E.g., against a non-black background, you see them
render? Or, by "appear black", do you mean they just don't show up?

What color is your Geometry supposed to render?

Does your custom Node support the .osg file format? If so, have you dumped
your scene to a .osg file to see if anything is amiss?

Have you tried to reproduce the problem with a very simple scene, like just
a single triangle plus your custom Node? Then you could step through in the
debugger and determine what's going on.

Have you tried capturing the OpenGL output with GLIntercept?

In the past, whenever I've seen state bleed from one Node to a sibling Node,
it is usually because the sibling Node's Geometry lacks a color array.

> What I did to patch things is to hack my class such that the
> CULL_VISITOR is allowed to call osg::Group::traverse(nv); at
> least once at the start. This seems to address the problem,
> albeit in a kludgy sort of way. I'd like to know if:
>
> - this is a new OSG bug?

Are you saying you tried this same thing in v2.2 and the problem didn't
occur?
   -Paul