Hi David,

On Feb 19, 2008 7:51 PM, Riepl, David M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using osgdem associated with osg 1.2 because that is the version
> the target Image Generator software is using.

A lot has changed to osgdem since OSG-1.2, its now part of separate
project VirtualPlanetBuilder and this is my focus, as well as the
OSG-2.x series.

I don't have your data, nor OSG-1.2 installed so can't test the
directly for the type of problem you have.  Since you have the data
that reproduces the problem I'd suggest trying VPB-0.9.5 + OSG-2.3.4
or SVN of both out to see if it fixes the problem when using this
data.

If this does fix the problem then you could create the database as
.osg and associated imagery to retain compatibility with OSG-1.2 (.osg
files are pretty resilient w.r.t forward/backwards compatibility which
.ive are very sensitive to version).  .osg aren't appropriate for
paging, so with OSG-1.2 you could then batch convert the .osg files to
.ive files.  A bit long winded, but should hopefully be workable.

The other route would be to upgrade the IG to OSG-2.x, this needn't be
that complicated as the bulk of original the OSG API remains the same,
libs like osgProducer while not in the core anymore are still
available as a separate project.  Also porting to osgViewer needn't be
that complicated for many apps - it all depends on how much Producer
vs osgProducer code you used in the app.