> Is the normal discontinuity only apparent along one longitudinal
> split?

yes, in fact the normal discontinuity only appears at the join of the tile.
See the
screenshot I have attached you will understand.

What happens when you zoom in?

> I presume the normal discontinuity is along the boundary where the
> longitude goes from -180 to 180.  The is code to equalize normals
> across boundaries between tiles, but don't remember any code that
> wraps around the the equalization so this might well be the source of
> the issue.

Thanks for the explanation.

As for fixing it, well you all have the source code... to me this is
> rather a minor issue in the greater scheme of things.  When viewing
> the texture model a small discontinuity in the normal is hardly
> noticeable.

Robert.

I will look at the code and try to fix this.
Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM, christophe loustaunau
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have notice that when I generate an earth with osgdem there is some
> > problems with the normals.
> > I have used this command line :
> >
> >  osgdem --bluemarble-west -t ../land_shallow_topo_west.tif
> >              --bluemarble-east -t ../land_shallow_topo_east.tif
> >              --geocentric
> >             -l 12
> >              -o earth.ive
> >
> > I have join to the mail, a screenShot of the first level, showing the
> > normals. You can see that there
> > is a problem of normals at the "join".
> >
> > I would like to know If Robert has plan to correct this, or is this
> intend ?
> >
> > Thanks !
> > --
> > Christophe Loustaunau.