Hi Pete,

Try using pbuffer rather than FBO, NVidia's Linux OpenGL drivers
handling of FBO'd cubemaps broke performance wise about six months
ago.  Switch back to Pbuffer fixes the performance issue even though
it introduces a copy texture operation.

Unfortunately I haven't yet exposed an option to View::setUpView*() to
allow one to require an pbuffer rather than a FBO.  You could tweak it
by hand though and see how you get on.

Robert.