2008/3/2 FreeSouth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello:
>
>    I have use the cmd like this:osgdem --xx 10 --yy 10 -v 0.1 -d h.tif
> --PagedLOD -l 10 -o a.ive -a a.osga
>
>    , then, I use osgviewer to open this file(a.osga).
>
>    The memery is Occupied 1378360KB when the viewer point face the scene (a
> high detail), I think that when I control the viewer point to a far distant,
> the scene change into a low detail, the memery maybe occupied less than
> 1378360KB.  But not. It also 1378360KB, more or less than it.

The database pager only pages out after an expiry delay that defaults
to 20 seconds, and then it only expires according to a set of metrics
within the pager - the metrics are user controllable.  See the
include/osgDB/DatabasePager for details.

Also, for the second time, how are you measuring memory consumption?
If you are using an OS measure then it may well mean the OS is being
lazy with its reclaiming of freed memory.