Hi Andreas,

I don't use/develop under Windows so I can't provide any first hand
guidance.  In principle osgViewer::Viewer and CompositeViewer manage
the rendering and event collection in a very similar way - they both
defer to osgViewer::ViewerBase for the majority of their window
setup/and control.  Due to the similarity I would have expected things
to port across fine, but as you've found out something must being
going wrong - so questions like where and why need to answered,
unfortunately the hard way by interatively doing tests, setting break
points in the code, stepping through etc until we have a clearer
picture.

As I can't provide much direct assistance we'll need to call upon
other Windows developers to provide some insight.  Items like stack
trace and the hang point, and ideally an modest code example that
reproduces the problem are what are required to help others help
yourself.

Robert.