On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Day, Michael A. AMRDEC/SimTech
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Howdy,
>
>  I searched the mailing lists, FAQs, Wikis, etc. and could not find
>  anything on this.
>
>  When OSG load .obj files, the material name appears to get lost from the
>  state set.  I noticed someone had a similar problem with 3DS files some
>  time ago (see text after my sig).
>
>  Can anyone confirm that this issue has not already been brought
>  up/resolved?

I don't recall anyone raising this as an issue relating to the OBJ
loader.  Almost all the plugins are contributions from the community,
and ongoing contributions tend to come from the community as well -
this means that if the names are missing then no one yet has seen a
need for them to be mapped over.  If you do have a need yourself feel
to dig into the OBJ loader code and see what its doing, and make
changes which you think are appropriate - if they look sensible then
I'll merge them with SVN.