Hi Neil,

Which version of the OSG are you working with?  I have just checked
the SVN version of the CmakeLists.txt for ive and OpenFlight plugins
and both correctly list osgSim as part of the list of dependencies.
Unless the build system isn't working this should ensure that the libs
are linked in correctly.

The association with ActiveX is not something I have any expertise in,
but normally one would have expected loading of libraries to be
orthogonal to this, but perhaps MS have overridden the usual .dll

The only likely room for an OSG bug would be in the build system and
not linking osgSim.lib/dll as required.  From the sound of it it does
look like a MS bug of kind though.

Robert.