Hi Paul,

W.r.t UserData I'd suggest placing osgSim container for the extra
OpenFlight flags, users can then do a dynamic cast of UserData and get
the info they want.  The osgSim::GeographicLocation class already
serves this purpose.

W.r.t one or two plugins.  Simplicity of high level management would
suggest using a single plugin.  A single plugin would also promote
code reuse.  But... if there isn't much code reuse it could make the
two sets of code rather unwieldy.

If we do continue with two plugins then one could get the .flt reader
plugin to load the .flt write plugin on demand.  Or extend
osgDB::Registry so that one can have multiple plugins registered per
format, but I feel this is quite a bit of extra complexity for a small
amount of gain in terms of functionality - code complexity in
osgDB::Registry itself does need to be taken into consideration,
personally I already find it complex enough.

Robert.