Hi,

It might seem like the OSG is hugely in flux, but the vast majority of
the core OSG doesn't change from day to day, or version to version
that matter.

Developer versions do come out often, I try to make them every week
when possible, the changes between developer version tend to be very
small, the majority of changes will be bug or build fixes.  Developer
releases are have odd points numbers, so 1.9.x, 2.1.x and 2.3.x are
all developer releases.

Stable release come out about 2-4 times a year, and are the even
numbers, so 2.0 and 2.2 as stable, the next stable release will be
made quite soon, and will be 2.4.

With lots of releases comes lots of small incremental changes, rather
than loading users with massive changes to handle all at once.  Even
with a jump from 1.x to 2.x the majority of the OSG API was the same,
the big differences came in items like osgViewer.  If you have started
using the OSG since 2.0 then you should find the changes between
version pretty minor and incremental.

Rather than worry about the number of releases come out, you should
see it as a sign of healthy open source community and software.

Robert.