Hi Serge,

I would be good to collaborate on a single libcurl based plugin that
can meet the variety of different types of usage models users will
through at it.  I have thrown together a very simple one right now.
So far it can load databases, including hierarchical ones.  I haven't
implemented cache support, but I'm tempted to push cache support into
osgDB and make it available to a range of plugins.

W.r.t going a mulit-threaded route where a request is made and then
the data is loaded later.  How do you go about implementing this?
Using ProxyNode?  Using your own database pager?

My thought has been to change osgDB::DatabasePager so that is has one
or more database threads, so push the multi-threading here, rather
than into any specific plugin.

Robert.