Hi Steven,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:42 AM, IceSharK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So that , scalarBar's Title can not display chinese by std::string &
> freetype235.
>
> In OSG , one way to show chinese word is using wchar_t ,  freetype235 &
> chinese local font.

This limitation is one that hasn't been reported before, the OSG is
developed rapid development style - on as needed basis, rather than
guess ahead of the game when and where it might be used as doing so
tends to over engineer things.  When limitations are hit up against
bits of the OSG that are limiting things are often refactored - and
often by those hitting up against the limit.

You can use 8 bit encoding with standard strings, osgText::String
supports this, but my guess is that you won't be able to use this
route through given the text will just be set the usual default
methods.  Refactoring ScalarBar to use osgText::String is a
possibility.  I'm afraid I'm rushed off my feet as usual so if you
would like this change you'll need to chase it up yourself.  If you do
find a sensible fix then just send the changes into a osg-submissions
and I can then review to see if they are in keeping with the basic
design/implementation of ScalarBar and the wider OSG.   This is how
much of the OSG has evolved.