From: Robert Osfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:44 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] help on impostors

Hi Luigi,

There aren't any other examples on imposter beyond osgimposter.
Personally I wouldn't recommend use of imposters as they stand, they
can improve performance in some situations, but severally degrade it
in others.  On modern graphics hardware you are generally better to
just through the geometry directly at the hardware and let it deal
with it.

With a great deal of effort one could come up with a better
implementation of impostors than provided by osgSim::Impostor, as it's
pretty old and missing features like load balancing, but in the end
just making your existing scene graph more efficient down on the GPU
would probably give you far more performance.

Robert.