Hi Phishjam,

Is it simply that you want the viewers camera to follow a child in the
scene?  If so then you can use either node->getWorldMatrices() to get
the list of model matrices of the a node in the scene, inverting this
then gives
you the view matrix.  Note, getWorldMatrices() may return 1 or many
matrices - the later if you have a node
with multiple parents.

Robert.