HI Umit,

The issue you are seeing is totally unrelated to the one John has
seen.  The problem you see looks like an issue with the elevation
data, most likely related to the problems with the NoDataValue.
However, without the data I can't do any tests to look at it.    At
your end try:

  gdalinfo E020N90.DEM -mm

Robert.

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM, ümit uzun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Robert;
>
> I have try to create the earth database like John's;
>
> osgdem --bluemarble-west -t land_shallow_topo_west.tif --bluemarble-east -t
> land_shallow_topo_east.tif  --geocentric -o earth/earth.ive --so build.source
>
> osgdem -s build.source -d E020N90.DEM -d /E020N40.DEM -v 1.4 -l 6
>
> And the result is http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=earthto6.png Land
> height relief didn't created, only Sea height relief could be seen. I don't
> understand why its command created this dirty database. Any thinking about it?
>
> Thanks so much..
>

> ÜMİT UZUN

>> Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:39:13 +0100
>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
>> Subject: Re: [osg-users] VPB: texture banding at all tile levels
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> This is a new one for me, never seen banding reported before.
>>
>> Could you try running a release build of osgdem to see if the problem
>> persists.
>>
>> Also try out the database on other computers with different hardware
>> as there is chance that you are seeing a OpenGL driver problem.
>>
>> Robert.
>>
>> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM, John Vidar Larring
>>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> VPB: revision 911
>>> OSG: revision 8323
>>>
>>> The following command line is used to create a simple globe (all DEM files
>>> from gtopo30 are used):
>>>
>>> ./osgdemd -d in/gtopo30/E020N40.DEM [...snip...] -d in/gtopo30/W180S60.DEM
>>> --bluemarble-east -t in/bluemarble/land_shallow_topo_east.tif
>>> --bluemarble-west -t in/bluemarble/land_shallow_topo_west.tif --geocentric
>>> --radius-equator 6378000 --radius-polar 6378000 -v 1.4 -l 6 -o
>>> out/simple_globe.ive -a out/simple_globe.osga
>>>
>>> It does not matter what kind of Globe I try to create, I get black bands in
>>> the texture on all tile levels. Please see the screen shots below:
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.weatherone.tv/private/jvl/vpb_texture_banding_1.png
>>> ftp://ftp.weatherone.tv/private/jvl/vpb_texture_banding_2.png
>>> ftp://ftp.weatherone.tv/private/jvl/vpb_texture_banding_3.png