On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Kim C Bale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question that about textures. Once I've loaded an image into a
> Texture2D object and bound that to a state set, does the image information
> remain in system memory or is deleted after it's been stored in the graphics
> card? Assuming that I don't use a ref_ptr that is.

        /** Sets whether or not the apply() function will unreference the image
          * data. If enabled, and the image data is only referenced by this
          * Texture, apply() will delete the image data. */
        inline void setUnRefImageDataAfterApply(bool flag) {
_unrefImageDataAfterApply = flag; }

By default this is off, but osgUtil::Optimizer has a pass that can
enable it for a whole subgraph, or you can just manage this yourself.