Hi Ben,

> If you are saying that avoiding conflict between bit values is inappropriate,
> that there should always be overlap, then what use does this statement serve:
>
> cv.setTraversalMask( traversalMask &
>  getShadowedScene()->getCastsShadowTraversalMask() );
>
> If there is always overlap, then &= with traversalmask is a no-op.  That
> isn't logical.

The intention is that traversal is restricted to only subgraphs that
have the CastShadow bits enabled on them.

I stand by the code, I believe it is correct.  Disabling the the
CastShadow bits in the viewer should mean that the ShadowScene won't
traverse the subgraphs that request the CastShadow bits to be set.

I'm personally pulling back from this discussion right now as I have
many other tasks to complete, and this discussion is going nowhere.

Robert