Hi Serge.

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Serge Lages <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And there are some warnings :
>
> 3>.\DatabasePager.cpp(699) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member
> initializer list
> 3>.\DatabasePager.cpp(700) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member
> initializer list
> 3>.\DatabasePager.cpp(842) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member
> initializer list
> 3>.\DatabasePager.cpp(843) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member
> initializer list

I have now reorganized things internally in DatabasePager so that the
databaseQueue's
are now ref_ptr<DatabaseQueue> rather than a DatabaseQueue member of
DatabasePager,
this has a few knock on consequences in terms of how the code is
initialized which fingers
cross should resolve the above warnings without undue risk of bugs.
Fingers crossed...

Could you do an svn update and let me know how things are compiling.

I am also particularly interested in feedback from yourself on the
performance of the new DatabasePager
and curl plugin on your own databases.  These changes should mean that
you should get the performance
you want from standard OSG components rather than having to utilise
custom curl plugin.

Out of curiosity, how many threads did you allocate to your curl
plugin to do the http reading?  Did you do
any performance benchmarks on single vs multiple http threads?  The
new curl plugin can handle multiple
threads so we can test multiple http threads with the new set up -
I've tested the functionality and it works, but
haven't done any benchmarking of this configuration yet.