Hi Michele,

The OSG does view frustum culling by default, you have to explictly
turn it off.  The same applies to small feature culling it's on by
default.

As for your FPS not changing when objects move off screen, is vsync?

Hows about enabling OSG stats?  This will tell you what the bottleneck.

Also with your scene graph, make sure you build a quad tree to store
all those billboards, and avoid large flat node contains lots of
children/drawables.

Robert.