Hi John,

I thought some of this sounded a little familiar.  I found a discussion not too
long relative to this.  See the thread entitled "Rendering to a image file".
Here's a link to the specific post:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/28011/focus=28014

What Robert suggests (and as Jean-Sebastien suggests) is using the final draw
callback to make sure that the extra OpenGL rendering is done before taking the
screen capture.

chuck