I had thought about maybe express being non-optimal as well, so I had some
friends do the compile on their machines with a full version of VS 9, with
the same results.  The only thing remaining I can think of is making new
projects in VS 9 as suggested.

Thanks,
-- Rick

Check us out at http://fringe-online.com/