Hi Christian,

I would check to make sure you're graphics card / driver supports VBO's
properly.  I had a similar problem with osgTerrain based VPB databases on an
Intel graphics chip and it turned out that VBO's were the issue.

See what happens if you disable VBO by setting the OSG_GL_EXTENSION_DISABLE
environment variable to GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object.

Good luck!

Jason