Hi Alejandro,

libmini contains some addons for the display of terrain as stand-alone (for example the libmini viewer). For an integration into osg most of that stuff is of course not needed, because osg has its own loader etc. What needs to be integrated within osg is just the very core of libMini, which is called the ministub. It encapsulates the main algorithm that produces a reduced triangle mesh from a height field. It doesn't even need OpenGL as a dependency, since the generated geometry is passed to the calling framework via a call-back mechanism. In the case of osg the call back would append to a osg::vertex_array, that is a double (front and back) vertex buffer. The rest would be handled by osg like texturing etc. The draw implementation of osgTerrain is a particularly nice place to fit that in, because it already provides the necessary height field and texture. There is an adaptor missing though that closes the cracks with adjacent tiles. libMini supports that by just passing pointers to the four adjacent tiles. I'd be glad to provide the necessary information (and potential modifications) to make that work with osg.

Cheers,
Stefan