Hi Jesper,

> In both cases this occors when the screenshot
is larger than 2048x2048 pixels. The lower-left 2048x2048 pixels of the screenshot are always correct, but the rest is black.

I'd guess you're hitting a texture or FBO size limitation in the graphics cards your clients are running on. NVidia generally supports up to 4096x4096 (newer cards even go to 8192x8192 or more) but other manufacturers place different constraints.

I think you can quert GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE or something like that to get the maximum size supported by the current driver (make sure you have an OpenGL context current when you try to query). Then you could limit your app to taking screenshots of that size. If the driver reports it correctly and doesn't lie, it would avoid the partially black screenshots.

As a first step you could make a small app that checks that value to see if that's really the problem.

Hope this helps,

J-S