Hi Robert;

Yes I know we need endline sign on every line break. Actually we put endline
sign by
fout<<variableString<<"\""<<shaderSource.substr(startOfLine,endOfLine-startOfLine)<<
*"\\n\""*<<std::endl;
So there is one "\n" sign in
shaderSource.substr(startOfLine,endOfLine-startOfLine) substring. Could you
look at the attached samples and converted type of vertex shader. Do you see
shadow_vert.cpp files distorted format?

If  I am wrong, so sorry for inconvenience.
Regards.

2009/5/21 Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>

> Hi Umit,
>
> The \n is used to make sure that the warnings you get back from the
> OpenGL driver map to distrinct line numbers, without this all the
> lines would be treated as a whole program ecoded in a single line.
>
> Robert.
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Ümit Uzun <umituzu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Robert;
> >
> > I have realized that when using --shader option in osg2cpp it parses
> shader
> > file in cpp but it add unneccessary endline sign(\n) every line's end.
> > I think every shaderSource.substr(startOfLine,endOfLine-startOfLine)
> command
> > should be
> >
> shaderSource.substr(startOfLine,endOfLine-startOfLine-1)
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > --
> > Ümit Uzun

Ümit Uzun

char shadows_vert[] = "//hogbox standardised shadowmappig functions
\n"
                      "
\n"
                      "
\n"
                      "varying vec4 ShadowCood;
\n"
                      "
\n"
                      "void GenShadowCoords(in vec4 ecPosition)
\n"
                      "{
\n"
                      "    ShadowCood.s = dot( ecPosition, gl_EyePlaneS[0] );
\n"
                      "    ShadowCood.t = dot( ecPosition, gl_EyePlaneT[0] );
\n"
                      "    ShadowCood.p = dot( ecPosition, gl_EyePlaneR[0] );
\n"
                      "    ShadowCood.q = dot( ecPosition, gl_EyePlaneQ[0] );
\n"
                      "}
\n"
                      "