Thank all of you for the helpful answer!

From: Mao [mailto:sherlock...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 11:09 AM
To: 'osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org'
Subject: VPB stuff

Hi! Recently, our project is planning to migrate from mini to VPB. However, we
encounter with several questions.

1.       In the example of osgDEM, I infer that osgDEM processes tiff format
only. But tiff uses 32-bit offset which limits its size to 4G bytes. Most of
our data are ERDAS img file or rrd file, which are huge in size. Yesterday, we
processed an img file of size 20G bytes, and gdal_translate it to a 21G bytes
tiff. That confused me. How can VPB handle extra bytes?

2.       Another thing is that, texture files we got sometimes are in pieces,
and we should use gdal_merge.py to merge them into one big tiff. According to
the source code, VPB can handle only one texture file. Can we use multiple
texture files?

3.       The last question is when applied with “--Terrain” or “—HEIGHT_FIELD”
options, there is no texture at all. Can we encapsulate both texture and DEM
data into one output file? And it seems that osg::HeightField does not provide
height = getHieghtAt(terrain.x, terrain.y) method.

Thank you very much for listening!