Jason Daly wrote:
> Eric Sokolowsky wrote:
>> John and everyone,
>>
>> I realize I'm getting into this discussion very late (I've been pretty
>> absent from OSG development lately). We also use Centos (currently at
>> 5.2), and the older package versions is a problem for us as well. I have
>> taken it upon myself to make RPMs of several newer packages we require.
>> I can provide .spec files for those who are interested. Here are some of
>> the newer packages I have made (or packages not included in the distro):
>>
>> flex-2.5.35
>> Inventor-2.1.5
>> fltk-1.1.9
>> xxdiff-3.2
>> cmake-2.6.4
>>

> A couple of those are available at ATrpms (http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/)
> already.  Just mentioning it in case you didn't know (might save you
> some work in the future)

I've avoided ATrpms lately, because some of the packages there didn't
seem to work (and conflicted with other packages we were using).
RPMforge packages, on the other hand, seem to work well for us.

The packages I mentioned above are easy enough to build that the spec
file is really simple, so it really wasn't that much work.

> I also recently discovered the EPEL repository that is run by the Fedora
> project. This one is even nicer because it integrates seamlessly with
> yum (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL).

I'll have to look at that one; it sounds interesting.

Thanks!

-Eric