I tried out the file below, and I can confirm all of John's results. Since I
use SGI's Inventor instead of Coin, it appears that the bug is in the
Inventor plugin, and not Coin. I wonder if it's a problem with 64-bit
builds? I have been using Centos 5.2/5.3 on a 64-bit machine for a while
now, and my previous use of Inventor was probably on our old 32-bit
machines.

-Eric