Hi,

By searching the forums I have found quite a few questions regarding the use of
osgTerrain, but somehow I have never found a satisfactory solution.

I have - by using the osgTerrain example code - constructed a heightmap based
terraintile.

I'm having two issues, the terrain is ridiculously slow, showing about 15 fps
for a 1024x1024 map. showing a huge amount of time in the draw phase, what have
I done wrong?

The other, which surprises me a bit, is how the osgTerrain::ContourLayer is
applied, I would have expected the ContourLayer to apply to the Z axis rather
than the X axis as can be seen on the attached image, what have I done wrong
there?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Anton