Hi Andew,

DrawPixels is a real throwback to OpenGL of old and not something I
would recommend using these days - even the OpenGL drivers don't
support natively, and will just use a screen aligned quad.

You'll get better performance if you use a textured quad, and then
screen align it using an osg::AutoTransform, osg::Billboard or a
osg::Camera to set up a hud.

Robert.