First, make sure you disable the Optimizer with OSG_OPTIMIZER=OFF before you run osgconv. The REMOVE_REDUNDANT_NODES flag might be the cause of this behavior.

Also, check the FLT plugin documentation for tips. Two sources of info:
  osgconv --format flt
or:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/KnowledgeBase/OpenFlight

From that info, it looks you might want to consider using the preserveFace and preserveObject options.

If you still experience this issue, it might have something to do with the way FLT LOD nodes map to OSG nodes. Watch what happens under a debugger to see what's going on.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
_http://www.skew-matrix.com_ <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466

ted morris wrote:
I am having difficulty keeping the node names preserved from open flight files
(OpenFlight 15.x vintage, I believe) when converted to ive or osg, using
osgconv.exe.

Essentially, the files have a few LOD nodes with different named, group
nodes underneath each of them. Almost all the node names I see in the
ive file (or osg file) are no longer preserved, when I examine them within my node visitor
in the debugger. When I load the OpenFlight file instead, it is exactly as
expected.

Is this a common problem, and if so, recommendations on a work-around
would be very much appreciated. Loading ive is preferable.