Guy wrote:

Does it mean that with OpenGL3 there is not fixed pipeline and all should be written by shaders? What about the projections of the objects from the 3D world to the camera plan, are they done by OpenGL or should I write them too?

Short answer is yes. OpenGL 3 does not have a fixed-function pipeline, and all rendering must be done with shaders. There is a "compatibility" extension that allows you to use most of the fixed-function pipeline, but that really goes against the purpose of OpenGL 3. For the long version, I'll echo Gordon's advice to read the list archives. You might also want to refer to the specifications at http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/

--"J"