Tracked it down, sort of.  Using setAxisAlignment(TextBase::SCREEN)
causes my Text to be culled out sometimes when it shouldn't be.  Other
axis alignment modes that have _autoRotateToScreen set to false appear
to work.  The Text seems to first appear when some other type of
drawable becomes a sibling in the scene graph structure.  So I can
work around the problem now.  However, I still can't pinpoint the
exact logic that's causing the Text to be culled improperly.
--
Terry Welsh  /  mogumbo 'at' gmail.com
www.reallyslick.com  /  www.mogumbo.com