HI Thomas,

The osgdistortion example sets up a render to texture slave camera
that renders the scene along with inheriting the view matrix from the
master Camera or the view, it uses a relative reference frame to
achieve this.  A second slave camera is used to a that has an absolure
reference frame so ignores the views master camera.  The camera
manipulator (the trackball in your case) controls the viewer's master
camera's view matrix.

Robert.